Monday, February 7, 2011

Dipped Fortune Cookie Treats


My favorite Chinese place offers fortune cookies similar to these at the end of the meal. They also sell small bags of them for $5 but I am a sweetaholic and I bake so I can certainly save my five bucks and make them at home to enjoy anytime I want to.


This may also be a great alternative for someone on Valentine's Day who doesn't like chocolate yet you want to make something simple and sweet.

I buy pre-cut pink foil squares so I can individually wrap them up. You can find the foils at your local cake and candy making store or better yet, Michael's carries them in the baking section.


This is very simple. First you can decide whether you want to dip these in white chocolate or you can use vanilla flavored candy melts or vanilla almond bark is that is easier.
Dipped Fortune Cookie Treats
4 ounces of white chocolate or almond bark
12 fortune cookies
1.) Melt the chocolate or almond bark in 30 second increments in the microwave. Make sure to not overheat the chocolate and take it out often to stir. It will be ready and still retain some of the shape, just simply stir to melt the rest of your chocolate or almond bark.
2.) Lay a piece of wax paper down on the counter. Begin dipping the back end of the fortune cookies into your melted chocolate or almond bark. Rest each fortune cookie on wax paper until dry.
3.) Remove from wax paper and wrap each cookie in foil wrappers individually or place in a airtight container.
You can also follow me on YouTube and Twitter:


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...