Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chai Latte Muffins






I have a lot of recipe ideas bouncing around in my head and finally life is slowing down enough and I am able to create some of the recipes. I love Chai Tea Lattes and I have always wanted to create a Chai Cupcake. Last night I had the chance to be creative.

I meant for this to be a cupcakes or perhaps a cake. My friend and I found them recipe to be very tasty, but they are more like a muffin than a cupcake. I sprinkled some extra nutmeg and cinnamon on the whipped cream and drizzled some caramel sauce on top.

So, here is the recipe for my Chai Latte Muffins:


BATTER:
1 Cup Butter
1 ¼ Cups White Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Salt
2Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cardamom
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
½ Teaspoon Cloves
½ Cup Whole Milk
3/4 Cup Chai Tea Liquid Concentrate


WHIPPED CREAM TOP:
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 .35oz. Stabilizer Packet
2 ½ Tablespoons Powdered Sugar


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.) Begin by creaming butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Next begin to add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Once well mixed, add in cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and ginger spices.

3.) Mix together Chai Concentrate and milk. Begin slowly adding the liquid mixture to the batter until incorporated.

4.) Fill cupcake/muffin pan 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 15 - 17 minutes.

5.) Allow muffins to cool completely and begin mixing the whipped cream topping. Pour heavy cream, vanilla, stablizer, and powdered sugar in a bowl and whip at high speed for a few minutes until it begins to form stuff peaks. Once done, transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto the muffins. Store in the refrigerator.

Makes 24 muffins.

350 for 15 – 17 minutes.


Check out Muffin Monday here to find other tasty muffin recipes!

8 comments:

  1. those look super muffin we love muffins in our house im sure my lil one will enjoy these thanks for the recipe i will tell you what i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chai tea for I know I would love these! Wonderful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, these are some of the most fantastic muffins ever. Such a great and creative idea. I've decided these are my new favorite morning treats with coffee. = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chai Tea Lattes are my favorite. I made some Chai Tea Cookies during the Christmas holidays and we loved them. I can only imagine how wonderful your Chai muffins are. Thank you for creating these. I'm going to save this recipe and give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chai Lattes too and have made chai cookies before. This is next on my chai list for sure!

    Best wishes and thanks for the recipe!

    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...