Monday, January 31, 2011

Reese's Haystacks

I will start off by saying this recipe makes 12 haystacks and I unabashedly ate all 12 myself in less than 36 hours. Is that bad?

Who can resist chocolate and peanut butter? I can't and I think we all know that by now...

Anyways, strolling through the commissary I had this idea...I could melt some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, add some chow mein noodles and create my own twist on an old favorite. The Reese's Cups are not enough alone, so you will need some Hershey's milk chocolate chips too. I will provide the recipe I used, but I would like to make this one more time and try tweaking the amounts.



Ingredients
8 .55 ounce Full Size Reese's Cups
1/2 Cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 Cups Chow Mein Noodles


Directions
1.) Unwrap Reese's Cups and break them apart and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips and begin microwaving in 30 second increments until melted. Remove from microwave and mix well.


2.) Add chow mein noodles to chocolate and mix until incorporated. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and drop onto wax paper until dry.

4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious. I have made them in the past with semi-sweet chips, but they were always too rich for me. I bet the peanut butter chips really make them special.
    P.S. I baked white chocolate date cookies on Friday...by Sunday I had eaten the whole batch minus seven that my husband ate. I don't think we're bad as long as we don't do stuff like that on a frequent basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness those look so good. I would have eaten them all myself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic. I don't see how they lasted 36 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these things!
    I gave you a stylish blog award...check it out
    http://hollydo.blogspot.com/2011/02/holly-happy.html
    Your food is always so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...