Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Can't Believe I Just Bought This...


...and that my only child is going to officially start Kindergarten this fall! I can't believe this is the year that I get to buy a backpack, lunch bag, school shoes, supplies...where does the time go?
I decided to pick up Alexa's backpack and lunch bag now because Pottery Barn Kidswas having a sale on some of the patterns and I love they offer different patterns to choose from. The main reason why I was drawn to the Pottery Barn Kids packpacks is because they come in three different sizes. They have a regular size backpack, but they also offer a small and a pre-school size. I got Alexa the small size backpack because she is a small child and would otherwise be swallowed up by a regular size backpack.


I am very pleased with the quality of these pieces as well, very well made!





8 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! It looks sturdy too. Don't ask me where the time goes, my firstborn turns 21 in 2 weeks...I just can't believe it. I helped once a week in all my boys kindergarten classes and just loved it, they were good times:) Enjoy your precious little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, I love the colors! My son will start kindergarten this fall as well, but he has been in pre-school since 3 years old (I mean both of them started pre-school at 3), which is great because he is already writing his full name very well, abc's, numbers, etc… I’m so proud of my little boy! Right now he has a Thomas the train backpack and lunchbox, but for next year I will have to get him a new set. For my older son, he wanted Lightning McQueen’s backpack and lunchbox from Disney Store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, I plan on volunteerting to help out at school when my daughter begins too. We haven't done any type of pre-school or daycares at all, so it will be a big change for ME this fall. My daughter is very social and confident and has no problems making freinds and wanting to go out on her own now so at least I have no worries about her. The time does pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Can't believe she will be starting school already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, remember when she was just a newborn back in Iowa that year we lived by you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has another year before kindergarten, but I can feel your pain;) My son has special needs, so he was in a program from the time he was 18 months old, and I was really eager to get him the help he needed. But with my daughter, she has always been with me, or my mom or MIL. I am going to have a hard time letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! They grow up so quickly. Enjoy this season of her life:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet!! I know, I just found out today at C's dental appt that she has 2 lose teeth and her 6 yr old molars are growing in...WTH? Where does the time go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...