Thursday, December 16, 2010

See's Candies Chaos

I honestly had nooooo idea See's Candies Store would be chaotic at 10:00am on a Thursday. I could tell as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. I saw a lot of people walking into the store while I was parking. It was great being greeted by an employee and handed a dark chocolate buttercream truffle as soon as we walked in.





These are the photos of our free dark chocolate buttercream truffle. I ended up with two free ones and my daughter ended up with two frees ones as well as a caramel sucker. They were being generous with the free candy while in the store because there were only 25 people ahead of me in line when I was waiting to check out. As you can imagine it took a while, but that was okay because besides the free candy I was able to scope everything else out in the store.


I forgot to photograph what we bought before I wrapped it. I got some boxed Truffles and Chocolate Covered Peppermints (like Yorks Peppermint Patties) as Christmas gifts. Most of the people in the store had 10-30 boxes of candy each! I guess everyone is out last minute Christmas shopping now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it gets crazy in there! Especially if you're not buying the pre-packaged stuff but it's worth the wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea, Victoria. They had two lines set up. One for only pre-packaged candy and the other line for hand picked candy.....and yes, that one was much longer. I wanted to try the pecans and caramel covered in chocolate to compare to my hometown area chocolate store called Betty Janes. They call them Gremlins in Iowa. There was no way I was going to wait in line for the hand picked but I will take my family when they are visiting after Christmas...I assume by then business will slow down. Do you have a favorite chocolate from See's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Fannie May here in Chicago. When I was in high school & college, I worked there & it was (no joke) company policy to enjoy as much candy as your heart desired while you worked. It lost its appeal after a time, but I still love their buttercreams, Pixies and pastel toffee. We have a See's in town now & it is really good-great Peanut Brittle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves See's candy! We used to only be able to get it when we visited my extended family out in Arizona. Now they have kiosks at the malls. I love their creams. Especially the ones that are covered with the chocolate sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...