Monday, December 13, 2010

MySweetCreations Savory Cheese Ball


I am calling this my "Savory Cheese Ball." At my friend's birthday party over the weekend, one of the other guests brought an amazing homemade cheeseball. The first word that came to y mind when tasting it was savory.



She mentioned it was a family recipe and I am never the one to pry, but she spouted off some of the ingredients. There is a different kind of cheese I never heard of that she used in hers, but I cannot remember the name. The following day I began my search for a cheese ball similar to the fabulous one I tasted at the party. Seriously, I would have fought someone for that cheese ball and probably ate half of it myself that night.


After finding no similar recipes......many include weird ingredients like ranch dip mixes, bacon, or olives, I created my own. I plan on making this again later this week and I will have more precise measurements for you. Tonight, I just had to throw one together.
I used 4 ounces of cream cheese, a handful of milk shredded cheddar, a tablespoon of thinly diced onion, a teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce. I mixed in my Kitchen Aid and then chopped pecans to roll the cheese ball into.



5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I make one similar (but I put green olives in it;)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to try this one!! I love cheese balls!! I am going to give my homemade caramels a whirl this weekend. I will let you know how they turn out. You gave me a good tip last year, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was...I hope I remember it before I start making them, because it was a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love a good cheese ball! This one looks just yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...