Sunday, December 19, 2010

Vanilla Butternut Pecan Truffles

Thank to Dianne for her lovely photos of the Maple Cream Bonbons, I was on the search for a similar recipe yesterday. I looked at several of them and all of them looked good, but the only problem was what I didn't have maple extract. I do have LorAnn's Gourmet Vanilla Butternut oil, which is highly concentrated, but taste similar to maple.  I had to improvise and come up with my own recipe to incorporate the maple oil I had.


MySweetCreations Vanilla Butterut Pecan Truffles
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
2 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Dram (3.7 ml or .125 ounces) LorAnn Vanilla Butternut Oil
1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans

Directions:
1.) Mix together butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream. Add in the bottle of maple and mix until well blended. Add in chopped pecans.
2.) Drop balls of truffle mixture onto a wax paper covered baking sheet and freeze for one hour until firm.
3.) Melt chocolate of choice, I used milk chocolate for some and bittersweet dark chocolate for the rest. It is your choice to either temper the chocolate or simply melt, dip, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
**I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate for half of mine and the chocolate was super thick, more so than other brands I typically use. I will likely not use Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate for dipping again. I also tempered my chocolate. **

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you can edit your posts. I have had to do that a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even after I edit them on here, I put the spacing how it was suppose to be it still does whatever it wants. I has been like that since day one. Do you guys write up your blogs somewhere else and then cpoy and paste the onto blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have problems with spacing too. On my latest post, I kept having to go back and forth, fixing the spaces. In my case, it puts in huge spaces between the paragraphs. So frustrating! I think the problems start when I import the photos. Your Maple Creams look so much better than mine! I really had a hard time dipping mine in the chocolate and they didn't come out very smooth. Dipping things in chocolate really vexes me! You'll have to tell me sometime (or write a blog, or maybe you already have?) about tempering chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have problems with the spacing as well! Usually I just copy it paragraph by paragraph into another program, then erase the whole post, and repaste them. It is even worse when I post pictures, so usually I have the text wrap around my photos and use the caption feature to describe them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...