Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Tomorrow is my friend's official birthday, but tonight she threw quite a dinner party at her home.


Her mother sent her a Creme Brulee cheesecake from Neiman Marcus and I made a Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake. The recipe can be found on AllRecipes.com
For the top, I made homemade whipped cream that I piped on. I also melted white chocolate and piped in onto wax paper. Once it dried, I carefully peeled the wax paper away and placed onto the cheesecake.





If you know me, I can never bring just one dessert, so I made MySweetCreations Peanut Butter Cookie Pie. I made a second white chocolate "M" to lay on top of this dessert just like the cheesecake.

Here are all three desserts. Maggie got out her very fine China from France.




Here we are.....I am the short person front and center. I am 5'2" but I felt like a child compared to everyone else. Maggie is the tall blond in the middle behind me. She is a really great friend and we both have four year old daughters who are best friends.
Maggie is also an author and you can check out her book on Amazon here:


http://www.amazon.com/Runaway-Mind-Race-Bipolar-Disorder/dp/1441586903/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292136189&sr=8-1

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Those look awesome! The monogram makes it look like it was 'professionally' done. So when are you opening your own bakery??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desserts look amazing! I think you should be on the show- Top chef just desserts. You would for sure win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment, Danielle. The desserts were a big hit. I saved two slices and cheesecake for myself to bring home that were leftover. I watched Top Chef Desserts and I hope they bring back another season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous desserts! You have a wonderful talent and it looks like a great group of friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...