Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gingerbread Caramels

I made Martha Stewart's recipe for Gingerbread Caramels last night. Tonight, I cut the caramels and wrapped individually.


The recipe makes a large batch of caramels.




I am filling white candy boxes for Christmas gifts. The Scotch paper cutter works better than scissors when cutting the wax paper for wrapping.




Here is the link to the recipe. I followed the recipe with one exception. I left out the molasses only because I used it up a few days ago making Gingerbread.


http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/gingerbread-caramels

8 comments:

  1. Those look gorgeous! I bet they smell good, too! Bookmarked the recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days ago, someone on AllRecipes said they made this recipe, but they came out brittle because they cooked it too long, and they provided a link for the recipe. That is where I got it. I was intrigued by the gingerbread spices and I had to make them right away. I followed the recipe, but left out the molasses because I ran out the night before I made them. They turned out great with the vanilla and spices. I just have to stop eating them all for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really good Christmas present(: I should make candy for Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm... Those look amazing! I have GOT to get my act together and start working on Christmas candy and baking. I don't know what's wrong with me this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari, you still have a few weeks to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my those look fabulous!! I might have to try those sometime! My mom makes regular caramels, but these look awesome. And yeah, we definitely got dumped with rain this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my heavenly goodness those look great! I just might have to try those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...