Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Donuts

I went to the Post Office yesterday and fully expected to stand in line like a sheep for an hour but after 10 minutes they announced the credit/debit machines were down and they could only accept cash. I was not prepared for that, so we just went home and decided to try again the following day.



So today I get up and leave the house an hour and a half before a playdate expecting a long line but there was nobody in line when I arrived at the post office. Our torrential downpour of rain in Southern California might have something to do with that. We had time to waste before going to the playdate, so I drove to my favorite little donut shop in Point Loma. I honestly couldn't tell you the name of the place although I have been there many times. The sign on the building just says Donuts and they only take cash.



They also happen to have the best donuts, especially the cake donuts, maple being my favorite.
They are open until 8:00pm and if you go in the evening you can buy warm donuts freshly made and dipped into their respective icings and sprinkles, but all of the donuts are made daily and they are super fluffy and moist regardless of the time of day you go in.



Do you have a favorite kind of donut? A favorite donut shop?

5 comments:

  1. I actually DON"T like donuts. Can you belive it? A sweet I won't eat! I do, however, adore cinnamon rolls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a hard time understanding how you don't love donuts! Cinnamon rolls are good though. Are you baking anything today, Jessie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a donut FREAK! I can't get enough.. lol every Saturday I take my girls and I down to a local grocery store called 'Lins' to get there delicious donuts. I think they have the best! :) Cute blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those donut photos are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be baking a chocolate cake with PB cream cheese frosting and topping it with chocolate ganache and PB cups. It is my own creation. A mix of a couple different recipes and some experimentation. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...