Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Truffles

I just can't get enough pumpkin spice this year. This morning I created my own Pumpkin Spice Truffles. I started with a basic ganache, added some canned pumpkin, Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee, and lots of spices such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.


After everything was whisked smooth, I let it cool to room temperature and transferred to the fridge for a few hours to get cool and firm. I removed the truffle mixture from the fridge and used a cookie scoop to remove some truffle from the bowl. I dropped the scoop into my hands and very quickly rolled them into balls and placed on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. The truffle mixture melts quickly in the hands so you have to work fast. I placed the cookie sheet full of truffle balls in the freezer to firm up while I prepared the chocolate.


I am a fan of tempering chocolate. For me, it took a lot of trial and error practice to be able to temper chocolate. For my Pumpkin Spice Truffles today, I opted to use Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips. I tempered by warming up to 115 degrees, cooling to 84 degrees and then warming to 86 degrees.





This is my end result. No need to refrigerate the chocolate to set. They dried within two minutes or less after dipping and have a nice crisp snap to the chocolate shell when sliced or when you sink your teeth into one of these sweeties. I piped some white chocolate on some, other without the white chocolate, and a few of them I rolled into dark cocoa powder and cinnamon when I ran out of chocolate.




I haven't had time to write up the recipe yet. I still may need to make these one more time and try tweaking the ingredients before I share.

You can also follow me through my YouTube Channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MakingSweetCreations

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Good job on the recipe(: the only recipe I've really invented myself is the mascarpone frosting. Can't wait to see the recipe(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was checking out your mascarpone icing earlier today, I was signed out when I was trying to reply to your post. I haven't made that yet, but it is on my short list. What do you like using the icing for?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...