Friday, October 1, 2010

Gourmet Grilled Cheese

Gourmet Grilled Cheese



Grilled cheese doesn't have to boring and it isn't just for kids. I have always loved grilled cheese and I have mixed it up by using different bread or switching from yellow american cheese to white american cheese. I decided to take it a step further and make a hearty and savory grilled cheese for dinner. I used wheat bread, baby swiss and fresh white american cheese from the deli and roma tomatos inside my sandwich.
You can easily switch up the bread and cheeses to suit your taste buds. Add some spices too! You can be quite creative with grilled cheese! I put some fresh cracked pepper on my leftover tomato slices and eat them on the side. The tomato slices bring me back to my childhood when it was common in my family to have sliced tomatos with dinner with some salt or pepper sprinkled on them. Enjoy!
I have started "Sweet Sunday" in which you can link up using Mr. Linky with any sweet drinks,dessert, candy, bread, or baked goods. It is a place for those who love sweets to share!
Also you can find me on YouTube here:

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delish! Okay, we need to have a playdate just for food..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I've never thought of using swiss cheese on grilled cheese sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always eat my grilled cheese w/ tomatoes and mayo!!! The way my nannie used to make them for me when I was little!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...