Saturday, September 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms

I am participating in Kelly's Korner Blog, Show Us Your Living Room.
I took these photos several months ago and before I learned how to properly use the settings on my camera, so the quality of the photos isn't the best.

Several months ago, I had purchased a new rug and ottoman and I took these photos to e-mail to my parents to show them. These photos are pretty accurate of how our living room looks today. We love being comfortable in our home. My style is a mix of more modern colors and pieces mixed with comfort at the same time. My colors mainly consist of a teal blue, spa blue, dark brown, and green apple. My living room furniture is black. Not pictured is our Ashley Furniture black television cabinet which is nestled into the niche in the wall.


The soft dark brown pillows are a two-pack from Costco and the best couch pillows you will find if you actually use them to lay on. The teal rectangle pillows are from Target. The other pillows, which are a little more modern looking have a mix of green apple, dark brown, teal blue, and spa blue. They are striped on one side with modern flowers on the other. They are from Pier One Imports.
The curtains are from Pottery Barn. They are the espresso silk duponi lined curtains. I also have from teal accent candles which are from Z Gallerie.

The rug is a nice quality rug that I got on sale from Cole's Fine Flooring.

The teal frames are from Pier One Imports as well as the floor lamp pictured below.


I always love seeing others homes. I am a fan of HGTV. I thought it would be fun to participate in Show Us Your Living Room. I hope you enjoyed mine!
MySweetCreations


8 comments:

  1. I just want to crawl up on your couch! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge HGTV fan also! My faves are Sarah's House and Divine Design. Love, love, love Candice Olsen!

    Jessie (messy_jessie from AR)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessie, I just watched Sarah's House last night, they showed the finished product and it was beautiful. I love House Hunters the most, but I watch all of the shows. Candance Olsen has great style! Thanks for checking out my blog Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the pop of teal! your living room matches your blog! haha so cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the blue! Isn't it funny how our blogs reflect the colors we love in real life! Very cute! Just stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your couch looks so comfortable! my colors throughout my entire house are very similar to the ones in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue accent color. It is not a traditional color you would find in a living room. I think that is why it works so well in your home. The blue lamp shade is my favorite piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your living room and the colors!!! Where did y'all get your couch? I'm looking for a sectional for our living room and your's look so comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...