Friday, September 17, 2010

Homemade Nestle Crunch

I haven't been to my local cake and candy making specialty store in a couple of months, so earlier this week I stopped by.

I have been eyeing this bag of crisp rice in the chocolate aisle this past year and I finally decided to go ahead and get it. I also bought a bag of Guittard milk chocolate flavored wafers. I actually thought I was buying real chocolate until I got home and noticed they were milk chocolate "flavored." They store carried a good variety of chocolate for candy making too. I am actually very impressed with the milk chocolate flavored wafers. They really taste just like milk chocolate! I have never been a fan of using candy melts and instead prefer to work with real chocolate which I temper.


Anyways.......back to the crisp rice. So, I bought a decent size 8 ounce bag for $2.99. This crisp rice is different from cereal. The pieces are round and much smaller and they are crispier. These pieces put the Crunch in to Nestle Crunch. They are the same crunchy rice pieces that Nestle uses to make their candy bars.


When I got home, my four year old assistant baker and candy maker and I began to make our very own Nestle Crunch bars. I decided to break out the candy bar shaped mould. I took out a handful of the milk chocolate wafers and melted them. Once they were melted, my four year old added some crisp rice. Once she had mixed it in well, we poured it into our candy moulds.
I melted a 1 ounce bar of Bakers white chocolate and using my piping bag and tiny round Wilton tip, I piped on the decorations that only a small child would appreciate. I can't believe how much these babies taste like Nestle Crunch bars.....actually they are a little better because the crisp rice is fresh and they bars have more of a crisp crunch to them.


Check out Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com

Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel, MakingSweetCreations!

www.youtube.com/user/MakingSweetCreations

Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't find the crispy rice balls that u used, what store did u buy them from

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...