Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Spice

I love everything fall, it is my favorite season. I love fall baking because there is something about the cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin that makes me feel happy and warm. It has a comforting effect.



Above is a photo I took of my recipe called MySweetCreations Peanut Butter Cookie Pie. Although it is mainly made of chocolate Oreo crust and a frozen creamy peanut butter mixture smothered in Reese's cups, chocolate and caramel syrup, I was able to sneak cinnamon into the recipe. After I press the chocolate cookie crust into the springform pan, I sprinkle it with cinnamon and bake it before adding the peanut butter mixture.


I have been eating these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes like mad the past two weeks. I make them with milk chocolate chips and they have a cream cheese frosting piped neatly on top. I keep them in my fridge and eat them cold for a nice fall treat.



Gingerbread reminds me of fall although I think it is more associated with Christmas. Soon Starbucks will bring out their Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread Lattes. I can't think about that right now because it is torture......but I am waitly patiently for them to bring back my favorite fall flavors.





What is fall and Halloween without caramel apples? I go big with my caramel apples. You know the kind you see in the gourmet candy shops that are not only dipped into caramel but then are covered in chocolate? Those are the ones. My signature kind that I make is caramel and milk chocolate dipped, then I melt white chocolate with peanut butter and drizzle that on top. I have tried Oreos, M&M's, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate gourmet caramel apples so far. As a matter of fact, I have some of these sitting in my fridge right now. I couldn't bring in the first official day of fall without them!




Here is plain caramel if you are into that. I happen to love sweets so plain caramel just doesn't interest me as much when I can add chocolate and interesting fixings on top.

What is your favorite kind of caramel/candy apple?



11 comments:

  1. Wow it all looks so amazing. So when are you opening your own store so I can buy all these wonderful yummy's..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love caramel apples with sea salt or fleur de sel pressed into the caramel. Your sweets look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I gained weight just reading your post this morning. What beautiful apples, we love to make them too, and I agree, if it isn't covered in at least 2 kinds of chocolate, why bother! I couldn't trust myself with so many goodies hanging around just to welcome in Fall. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! The peanut butter cookie pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, YUMM-O!! I just love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate..and don't even get me started on gingerbread, lol!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly! I just found a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes and thought of you and your love of fall http://katray.blogspot.com/2010/09/pumpkin-cupcakes.html These look super yummy!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I don't make too many sweets (but love reading your blog!) and thought of you when I made Candy Sushi the other day! So cute!
    www.watercandyglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I have gained about 9 lbs reading your blog and enjoying the beautiful photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

    I'm now following ~ hope you'll stop by and say hi when you can. You can leave some of those cupcakes when you do! :-)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh great pics! I love fall flavors, too. And run on to Starbucks ... they brought the fall flavors out early ;) I had my first pumpkin spice latte ... heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, I just got my first pumpkin spice latte of the season over the weekend too! Ghiradelli chocolates made a Pumpkin Spice Caramel edition of their chocolates that I am loving too. Biting into it tastes like a Starbucks pumpkin spice with chocolate. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...