Saturday, July 3, 2010

Easy Cream Cheese Danish

If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe, this is it! It is the Easy Cream Cheese Danish from AllRecipes.com




I have made this numerous times already. Any chance I need to bring a breakfast dish somewhere, this is it. I will give you a couple of tips from my experience. First, if I am going to need this in the morning, I bake it the evening before I go to bed. After it cools, I cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap. In the morning, I use a smooth edge knife to lightly make squares by running the smooth knife down the pastry inside the pan. After making my marks, I whip up the icing for the top and instead of smearing it own, I neatly pipe it on as you can see in my photos. I like to alternate my designs by piping a flower using a pastry tip and then piping a squiggle line as shown in these photos.

One more thing.......these taste fantastic straight from the freezer! If I make these for my own pleasure, I slice them into bars and put them in the freezer. I love how cold and firm the filling gets and it makes a tasty treat not only for breakfast but as a snack too.
MySweetCreations

6 comments:

  1. Anything with cream cheese has to be delicious. I'm goign to go check otu the recipe. Thanks for sharing and happy 4th!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you didn't!! I am so excited right now that you posted this recipe. I still talk about how amazingly yummy it is...well there goes my diet..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Love the idea of piping the different designs on each slice. Will try next time. Sometimes we sprinkle cinnamon & sugar on top prior to baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that you have 2 categories of blog posts: amazing desserts that you make and activities that your daughter does. You should combine the two and have your daughter help you with your baking! Especially since research shows that cooking and eating as a family is so beneficial to children. Cooking together helps teach them skills such as teamwork, math, and following instructions, and kids who eat family meals are less likely to be obese, develop communication skills, and do better in school. I work for The Kids Cook Monday, a new program launched by the Healthy Monday campaigns that encourages families to prepare and eat meals together. To learn more, check out our website at http://www.healthymonday.org/the-kids-cook-monday/

    We’re looking for bloggers to help spread the word by getting involved and posting weekly entries about meals that they’ve cooked as a family. If you’re interested in participating, please email me at TheKidsCookMonday@gmail.com. Thanks!

    Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks......my daughter already cooks/bakes with me everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...