Thursday, June 24, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows

Last night I was in the mood to bake something. It was one of those moods where I was looking to conquer something new that I haven't done before. I decided to pull out my Candymaking book by Ruth Kendrick. While flipping through the pages, the homemade marshmallow recipe caught my eye. Actually, the photo below caught my eye. I have an egg shaped candy mould to make impressions that are shown in the book, so I decided to give it a try.



I spooned my mixture from the recipe into the cavities I made in flour. After a couple of hours there were firm enough to handle. I dusted the sticky marshmallow with powdered sugar.



The following day I dipped them into tempered milk chocolate. They were delicious! The marshmallows are softer and tastier than marshmallows that you buy in the bags.


I also posted a video on YouTube which can be found here.
Please subscribe to me on YouTube so you can be updated when I post new videos!
Enjoy!
MySweetCreations

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Homemade marshmallows are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tempering job! I have a chocolate tempering machine and I still haven't mastered how to do it. Your marshmallow look great, I'll have to give it a try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugarbean, my goal is to get a Chocovision tempering machine by the end of the year or for Christmas. What brand of machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your marshmallows look terrific. We gave some away as Christmas gifts with cocoa last year. Love your blog-linked from allrecipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice blog........if time permits visit my blog........http://lets-cook-something.blogspot.com/


    regards
    viju

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Your marshmallows look amazing! I can only imagine how much better they must taste than store bought. I think I might have to try it although I have a feeling mine won't look at fancy =o)

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...