Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lemons For Your Skin

Lemons are often overlooked when it comes to skincare. Most people use chemically laden commercial brand products for skincare. I opt to use natural products and foods when it comes to skincare which includes lemons. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and they naturally have antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Besides providing pure beneficial vitamins and properties to your skin, lemons can lighten the appearance of discolorations from freckles or age spots. They also help to tighten the skin which helps with blackheads.


I slice a fresh lemon and I squeeze the juice onto a cotton round. I get my cotton rounds at Target in the beauty supply section. I once had a smattering of freckles (as my husband calls it) across my nose and now they are barely there at all. I have also noticed an overall improvement of my skin since I began using lemon. I apply fresh squeezed lemon to my face 2-3 times a day to help clean and freshen up my face.

Have you ever used fresh lemon as part of your skincare routine?

MySweetCreations

1 comment:

  1. Awesome beauty tip I never knew. Will be hitting the store tomorrow to stock up on lemons!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...