Monday, May 17, 2010

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread


I have used the "Lemon Poppy Seed Bread" recipe from AllRecipes before. I enjoyed it, but I ended up throwing most of the bread away. It was a little dense and the orange juice glaze crystalized on top after a few days.



I just got a brand new bread pan that I have been dying to use, so I decided to take another stab at therecipe again. With the recipe, you have to add a lot of lemon to the mix and still the lemon taste is leaving much to be desired. Since then, I have discovered Lori Ann Oils for baking, candymaking, etc. I have a dram bottle of natural lemon. I have used this oil with icing recipes to make a lemon icing for sugar cookies with success. I added close to half of the bottle of highly concentrated lemon oil to the lemon poppy seed batter.
I promise this addition of natural lemon oil brings the lemon flavor up to where it should be. It tastes like Starbucks version of lemon bread, but this recipe is much more moist. Top with "Vanilla Glaze" from AllRecipes and you will have a great Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.



**I just wanted to talk about my new pan for a moment. I threw away the metal bread pans I have before during a move because I never used them. I kept my silicone bread pans but they are not ideal for baking bread of any sort. When I was at Marshall's the other night browsing, I have a very heavy, dark metal pan that is longer and slightly skinnier in length. It is specifically designed for baking breads. The best part, it was only $4.99. I have extremely pleased with the pan. My bread is perfectly golden which it lacked when using a silicone pan and the shape of it is more consistant with that bread should be.

Enjoy!
MySweetCreations

5 comments:

  1. That looks soooo good, I love lemon flavored things! Congratulations on being AR's cook of the week, you deserve it:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! I hardly scroll down that far and I missed it until someone pointed it out. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy! It's me, CoconutGirl/Sarah. :) I didn't know you're on blogspot, lol. The bread looks delish! I love lemon. :)

    -Sarah.j.s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, you are the coconutgirl from AllRecipes! Thanks for joining me on here! This was hands down the BEST bread I have ever made yet. I think a lot of it had to use with using a proper bread pan and the natural lemon oil I added to get the right amount of lemon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello can you please tell me exactly if you meant Marshalls the department store that sells the pans?I tried looking for them.Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...