Monday, May 31, 2010

Fruit Pizza

Fruit Pizza
Large homemade sugar cookie with a cream cheese based icing. I took this to a good friend's impromptu backyard barbeque party this afternoon.



It has been about a year since I last made one of these, so I thought it fit to occasion.


When spreading and patting the sugar cookie dough onto the large round pizza pan, I make sure to add extra dought around the edges to prevent them from getting too brown or crispy.


I personally prefer to keep the fruit simple. Most photos of fruit pizzas I have seen are packed with a variety of fruits. I would think it would make the cookie soggy. I am not sure I would like peaches or green grapes on top of a sugar cookie with cream cheese. Instead, I always opt for strawberries and kiwi.


You can use homemade sugar cookie dough or prepackaged sugar cookie dough. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Take 2 packages of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of white sugar and two teaspoons of vanilla to make the cream cheese icing and spread on top. Chose and arrange fruit of your choice!




Enjoy!

MySweetCreations

7 comments:

  1. This seems like a popular dessert this week. They are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for the summer! Thanks for reminding me of such a great recipe and for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photographs - your recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with fruit pizza! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I make a mean veggie pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer bliss! Perfect for hot days...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect for summer! looks delicious and so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...