Thursday, May 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Childrens Rooms

I went to our local Pottery Barn Kids store last fall and fell in love with the pink Barbie line after I initially saw it in the mail catalog.
Pottery Barn is pretty pricey, so I resisted purchasing anything that day. Instead, I took myself home and logged onto eBay to see if I could find some deals. I got the full size duvet cover, complete sheet set, two shams, and decorative throw pillow for $130.00 with shipping. I really lucked out with that deal as it was all brand new in the packaging and the set was still for sale at my local Pottery Barn full price!


Before, my daughter's room had very dark furniture from when she was a baby and the color theme was bright pink and green. I was eager to make a change and get rid of those colors and instead make her room soft, girly, special. I already had my eye set on a furniture set from Ashley Furniture. Luckily, the Navy Exchange carries Ashley Furniture and I ordered it through the NEX which came at a great savings compared to purchasing it at the Ashley Furniture Store down the road.
I got a complete full size bed, tall dresser and matching nightstand. I love this set because it is solid wood and everything comes assembled.


I still needed some special pieces to bring the room together. This wall sconce was featured in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and there was no compromising on this piece, I had to have it. It makes the room. I believe it was $69. Thankfully they already had this in stock at our local Pottery Barn store.
Above is the Pottery Barn Kids "Mia" Sconce. They also carry a matching chandelier that I would like to get as well. It is something that we can remove and take with us. I don't believe they sell this sconce anymore. I know it is no longer available on the website, but you can still get the chandelier.



We already had this KidKraft set we purchased at Costco a couple of years ago.



Lastly, the drapes at Pottery Barn are awesome. I didn't want to pay a couple of hundred dollars, so again, I logged myself onto eBay and bought these Pottery Barn pink lined Silk Duponi drapes, the same panels at the PBK store, brand new for $80 for both panels. It took me about a month of constant looking to find them in this color and the length I needed.

If you are anything like me, I take several trips to stores like Pottery Barn to check out the items in person and purchase them on eBay at a huge discount.

The tall white dresser and the Pottery Barn Cameron white toy shelf are not pictured.


Find other children's rooms over at Kelly's Korner Blog here:

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2010/10/show-us-your-life-nurseries-and-kids.html

MySweetCreations

12 comments:

  1. Oh that is beautiful! A room fit for a little princess:) I love the little pink kitchen set, adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome room! It's super adorable and totally fits your personality. I love all your posts on AR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own daughter....now in her 40s....would LOVE all the pinks!!! Sweet room.

    My Show n Tell is my finished, newest, watercolor painting...I do hope you can stop by to view it and give me some critique!! Click HERE

    Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..such a pretty room. the colour is so sweet. its surely fits for your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pink! Especially the appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's room is very pretty. I love that wall sconce, it really does make the room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little girls room, everything is perfect, great job! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! What a beautiful room for a little girl! I need to do something about Grace's room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and I wish I could have that kitchen set to play with for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous DIY transformation~well done!

    I hope you have stopped by to enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful room.
    New Follower from Kelly's.
    xo
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  12. soooo beautiful! would you be selling it anytime soon? would love to purchase!!

    natalie.gou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...