Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cookie Sandwiches

Cookie Sandwiches



Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. I am eating the M&M cookie sandwich as I am typing this.



These are much like to cookie sandwiches found at the Great Cookie Company in the malls across America. I remember close to my due date with my daughter four years ago and enjoying one of these "doozies" as they call them at the cookie store. I would get one each time I went to the mall back then.



I think I made these once before, but never really thought of it again until yesterday when my now four year old daughter asked if we could make cookie sandwiches. I always keep frozen cookie dough balls in the freezer. I took six frozen cookie dough balls out and put them in the oven. I whipped up a half batch of buttercream, got out my piping bag and top, and some sprinkles. It was as easy as that! I like to let them set out for a while before eating so the buttercream can crust over on the outside just the Great Cookie Company "doozies."




I used chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. I recommend pressing some M&M's lightly into the tops of the cookie before baking. The M&M's add more interest to the flavors, in my opinion.



What combination would you make?

Enjoy!
MySweetCreations

4 comments:

  1. Those look SO good! My mouth is totally watering right now.

    Thanks for joining me on Coconut Recipes! :)

    -Sarah.j.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Sarah, thanks for joing me as well! Have you ever made popcorn on the stove using coconut oil in place of olive oil? I am going to try that today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! :) Yes! Coconut oil is great for popping popcorn. It's the only oil I use to pop the stuff. Just watch how high of a heat you use, the oil will heat up fast. If it starts to smoke, throw the oil out and start over.

    -Sarah.j.s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! Your cookies look delicious!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...