Friday, April 30, 2010

Several Batches of Buttercream Later....



I can't believe it has been four years since I have given birth to our daughter, Alexa. Due to Easter falling on Alexa's birthday this year, I had to have her birthday party the following weekend. First, I must mention her actual birthday was very eventful. Not only was April 4th her golden birthday where she turned four on the fourth, it was Easter, and we experienced the 7.2 earthquake that hit just south of the California border in Mexico.
Anyways, each year I have the party at our home. This allows me to bake all day, decorate how I wish, and contain the children to a couple of rooms. I find with a park, it is more difficult to decorate for a theme, transport food and cake, and the children are on the playground and not at the party and the parents are busy watching the children. Also, each year I order custom wrappers and labels from sellers on eBay to bring in the theme and make the party special. It is not an expensive thing to do at all. In fact, I got 12 waterproof sticker labels for water bottles, 24 stickers, and 12 full size candy bars wrappers for $16.00 which included shipping. I also found individual cupcake boxes in pink on eBay. (I don't know what I would do with eBay?!)
This year I wanted to go above and beyond previous years with the details, so besides making two cakes, cookie dough cupcakes and icing, lemonade, and white chocolate lollipops, I decided to tackle making the ice cream too. I made cake batter ice cream which tastes just like Cold Stone Creamery. I couldn't stop there! I bought sugar cones with white wrappers on them and I carefully tore one off and used it as a template. I purchased coordinating pink and brown scrapbooking and traced using the template to create new wrappers for the sugar cones.

It was a lot of work, but at the end of the day it was worth it! I am already thinking of the theme for next years party.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe you did all that! Everything looks amazing and your daughter is precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had a lot on my plate. All of the baking took time and I wait until the last minute to bake everything so it is fresh! Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so fancy and professional! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a beautiful party for your daughter. I follow you on AR and was glad to find your blog =) I always enjoy checking out what your making! It inspires me!

    Linda

    http://stoutfamily-lovinour2girls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...