Monday, March 22, 2010

White Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies



Although I am a girl from the midwest, right off the farm in Iowa to be exact, I love Chinese food. I mean I really, really love Chinese food. Iowa is a meat and potatos kind of place, at least where I am from. I don't know anyone who doesn't own a chest freezer filled with a side of beef and a side of pork.




The closest thing to Chinese food I ate a few time growing up was some white Minute Maid rice drenched in soy sauce and La Choy noodles, you know those brown crunchy ones that you can eat like they are chips? Yeah, those.




Anyways, I developed a liking to Chinese food as an adult. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants in San Diego, where I reside, gives you fortune cookies that have been dipped into white chocolate after your meal. They are the tastiest little treat, so I decided to make my own so I can have them whenever I want.




It is quite simple. I don't think you really need a recipe for it. Just get a bag of fortune cookies and either some white chocolate chips or Bakers white chocolate squares and melt at 30 second increments. Dip the back half of the cookies into the melted chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper and allow to dry.


You can wrap these in individual foils and store them when they are dry.


I am making these to put into my daughter's pinata for her birthday, but I have also made them to take to parties as well.





MySweetCreations


6 comments:

  1. What a delightful idea! I grew up in a small town and well remember the pepper steak in a box from the grocery. I love being able to run down the street to the Chinese buffet. Thanks so much for joining us at Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful comments Michael, I enjoy participating in Foodie Friday and viewing others wonderful desserts and dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet those are just delicious. I've never tried them with white chocolate, or any chocolate for that matter, but they look yummy. You've certainly done a nice packaging job. Where did you get the pink foil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to purchase the pink foil at a cake and candy specialty store here in San Diego called, Do It With Icing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! Love it! I'm a former Iowan (other side of state, NW corner) farm girl too, and my parents are definitely meat & potatoes people with a freezer full of meat. Very accurate description! :)
    I found your YouTube channel yesterday & am loving it! I like to dabble in baking too but haven't had as much time lately. Don't know if I'd dare talk to a videocamera, though! Love your presentation & simple videoing technique! What do you do with all your baked goods? I never know where to go with all my extras!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...