Friday, March 26, 2010

Bake Sale


I get very motivated when I am baking for others and I recently had a chance to do just that. A local playgroup I belong to decided to hold a bake sale to raise funds to support the group. I am pretty much the only one in my home that really will eat sweets. It isn't like I am going to eat an entire cake or batch of cupcakes often. I end up eating too much and throwing the rest away. At least with cookies, I can roll the dough into balls and freeze them and just bake them on demand.

I was very excited to make the fantastic Cookie Dough Cupcakes from AllRecipes.com I whipped up some Milky Way Icing and Buttercream, to pipe onto the tops. I also had some leftover Marshmallow Fondant in the fridge, so I made some Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing and I placed a flower piece of fondant that I use using a cookie cutter on top. In addition to the cupcakes (because I have a hard time making just one thing) I made some Peanut Butter M&M Chocolate Chips Cookies and Lemon Butter Tea Cookies.


I hope you enjoy the photos. Below are the links to some of the recipes I used. I will post my personal recipes for the Milky Way Icing & Peanut Butter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies at a later date.





MySweetCreations

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, they look very professional and I love your little stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bummed I missed this, those look amazing! Can I hire you for my daughters birthday?..lol Thanks hun for stopping by, I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend..and that the quake didn't rock ya too hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very professional looking. Have you thought of starting your own business?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cupcakes! http://www.inspired2cook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Almost too good to eat.. no they look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...