Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brownie Cookies


We are very fortunate to live in an area where the climate is mild. As a result, the local farmer's markets take place year around. We happen to live a couple of blocks away from the Liberty Station farmer's market that is each Sunday morning from 9:30 - 2:30. There is a bakery booth that has cookies every week and the cookies are all quite sad looking. I have sampled a couple and most of them leave something to be desired.

This past Sunday I walked by and noticed two new, attractive looking cookies that caught my eye. I purchased one of each! The first was a puffy, light, and airy honey cookie with an orange glaze. The second was a brownie cookie dipped into white chocolate. These cookies were extremely delicious. When I walked by the bakery booth a second time, I noticed there were only a few cookies left, so I bought one of each cookie again so I could savor the taste.

I knew right then that I had to try to replicate these cookies. I search AllRecipes.com for a brownie cookie recipe. This is the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chewy-Brownie-Cookies/Detail.aspx I highly recommend this recipe for a brownie cookie, it was excellent. I used Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chunks and I made my cookies bigger by using my 1/4 c. measuring cup to measure cookie dough. They made a 4 x 4 inch baked cookie.

When they cookies cooled, I melted some Baker's white chocolate and I spooned white chocolate over half of the cookies. Enjoy!

MySweetCreations

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment! They are super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I left a couple of awards for you over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link/shout out to me on your blog, that is very touching! I am still learning how to use Blogger, so I am not sure how to cut and paste the award onto my blog. I also follow your blog too! Thanks again for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...